As our company is limited by guarantee all monies raised through donation etc. are used directly for the propagation of the aims of Monos. As well as money made through the selling of our courses and workshops, our financial supporters are an important part in our attempts at fulfilling our aims and objectives, without whose gifts our work would not continue.
Aims of Monos
• To enable people and organisations to access, understand, study and appropriate monastic culture and associated spiritualities in terms of life, work, business, art, history, values and culture etc.
• To promote, support and publish the study of monastic culture.
• To provide a platform and consultatory facility for individuals, communities, churches and organisations in their pursuit of a monastic ethos within their respective way of life.
• To build relationships between traditional and new types of monasticism.
Make a general gift towards the work of Monos
Make a gift towards a specific cause within the work of Monos (listed below)
• Running Costs – We rely partly on our financial supporters for the running costs of our office. Our staff are volunteers which is a blessing, as this allows more money to be spent on specific aims within our work.
• Education, Module and Course Development – We constantly up-date and modernise our courses as well as develop new ones. As a result we are constantly paying consultants in their respective fields for their expertise and time in this regard. We feel as a company that it is important that we develop a multifaceted approach regarding the courses in order to cater for everyones needs.
• Library – At present Monos has a library of around 1000 books and articles that are available to both students and friends of Monos. We are constantly updating the library with new and old publications which requires money.
If you would like further information concerning our causes please contact Ant Grimley: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the address at the bottom of the page.
Committed giving scheme – You can support us on a regular basis by standing order. For further details and a standing order form, contact the address below.
Leaving a legacy – You can help ensure that our work can continue into the future for generations to come. For further details contact the address below:
For further information on any of the above contact:
10.30am-4.30pm This workshop will reflect upon the benefits of monastic spirituality for people living both intentionally and unintentionally, on the edges of family, friends, work, church or community.
Date: 15 June 2013 - 15 June 2013
The conference will explore and reflect upon Christian Mysticism and Contemplation in New/Lay Monasticism: Rambling Streams or Barren Wastelands?
Date: 12 July 2013 - 14 July 2013
Lead by Fr Dermot Tredget, this 2 day retreat and workshop introduces the concept of developing a spirituality within the workplace, then moves on to explore how each can develop within this area.
Date: 14 September 2013 - 15 September 2013
Developing a Spiritual Life that tries to deal with all that is thrown at us! 10.00am-4.30pm
Date: 19 October 2013 - 19 October 2013
9.30am-5.00pm Develop your own advent prayer and turn it into an illuminated prayer. No skill is required for this retreat just a willingness to learn and a desire to enter into advent through prayer. With Ste Duckett.
Date: 30 November 2013 - 30 November 2013